Cafetto Descaler Sachets are safe and highly effective for removing hard water scale from espresso machine boilers and coffee delivery lines. 4 packets of powder per box, each sachet makes 1ltr of solution. Suitable for most automatic domestic espresso machines. Dissolve in to espresso machine water tank. Certified organic by BFA and OMRI.
Instructions for use (may vary depending on model of machine):
1. Dissolve the contents of one sachet in a little bit of warm water
2. Pour the dissolved solution into the water tank of your machine
3. Top up the water tank with cold water
4. Place a large container (a 2ltr ice cream container will do the trick) underneath the steam wand
5. Select the “descale” or “decalcify” option in the menu of your machine and press enter (depending on the machine model you may have to turn on the steam wand to start the descaling process).
6. The process should take about 30-45 mins to complete and will empty the water tank of the machine.
7. Once the descaling process has finished the screen will display “Descaling Complete”
8. Turn off the steam knob
9. Remove the water tank and rinse it out with some cold water
10. Refill the water tank with cold water and put it back on the machine
11. The display should read “Rinsing.” Press “Enter” and turn on the steam knob (the rinsing process will take 2-3 minutes)
12. Once the rinsing cycle is complete, the screen will display “Rinsing Finished”
13. Turn off the steam knob
14. Refill the water tank
15. Turn the power to the machine off and then on again.